Monday 10 February 2014

Work Pressure and Sunday classes

Here is a post from my language learning blog, but as it is about my life in Korea rather than being just about Language learning, I thought I would post here too...

The original post is here: http://korean-learning.blogspot.com/2014/02/work-pressure-and-sunday-classes.html


Yesterday I had a new teacher for my Sunday Sogang Level 2A class.

Her Teaching Style is different, FAST!  We did the whole of chapter 6 in 1 hour 30 mins, to be honest I struggled a bit even some of the vocabulary, I wasn't sure of but I think I managed ok - the other student in the class (yeah - there is only 2 of us!) is more advanced than me so probably easier for him!

When going through the grammar sections where you have to complete a sentence, the pace was so fast that she was practically giving the answer while I was still working out the grammar form, then we ran through the page reading the answers and she corrected pronunciation, etc.  If I keep up the self study using these sections of the book, then maybe it will be ok. But, for me Sogang class was about studying in a class environment and just doing a reading / listening as homework - this gave me time to study the TOPIK, Business and writing types of study that I am currently attempting.  But the lesson is FREE and it is a great help, I really think I need to attend a Hagwon class for study or get a private 1-2-1 teacher.  But it is something I can't afford at the moment, in terms of time or money.

Work pressure

Transferring to a new team at work, whose focus is not on language and translation it is sales and marketing for Overseas clients (English speakers). I attended my first meeting last week - it was in KOREAN and I  understood he morning sessions in varying degrees that I was quite pleased about - but by the afternoon I was lost...  In the evening was a welcome meal for some new employees and a farewell meal for a manager who is heading to south America to set up a new branch - the new colleagues and a couple of other younger employees speak English really well but I can't expect them to translate everything for me during the course of the day..
I bought a new book  Essential Korean for Business Use.
You can look at the first few pages >>Here<<
It seems an interesting book great for supplementary self study...


No comments:

Post a Comment