Friday 18 May 2012

/////// O P E N \\\\\\\\\\ CLASS!

We had our open class on Wednesday!  
It went really well about 8 parents came to watch.
 The pace of the lesson was good and my "Time challenge game" worked brilliantly. The challenge was against the other classes that we had already taught the lesson to and on attempt 2 the open class group beat the previous quickest time and all the kids cheered and were so happy. The fact that the record has now been beaten considerably by class one doesn't matter...  Class for rocked it on the day!
 I was a bit worried about this task as in 2 of the 3 classes we previously did the game a kid ended up being blamed by the others and  there were tears.

The highlight for me was that the style of the lesson changed and became more focused on the kids speaking, it should BE like this all the time.  I knew that, it was drummed into us at the CELTA training and the GEPIK orientation...   So why did it slip our minds.  I guess the biggest reason was that the kids were so well behaved; there was no one getting out of their seats, running about, calling me FAT or any of the normal things we have to put up with. Don't get me wrong I think the students in my school are awesome - Even the naughty ones  genuinely have something that I do like about them, but it disrupts the lesson so much with this going on that you struggle to just get the crappy pages from the textbook done so you have time for a game that THIS becomes your priority rather than maximising their learning.


The feedback forms came back with all positive comments on them from the parents.

My co-teacher said that I did a really good job and I thought she did too.


No comments:

Post a Comment