Thursday 25 October 2012

Grade 6 - the nice ones!

Tomorrow, due to a rehearsal of the English song contest, that I am hosting (but will not be attending the rehearsal of.(???)..) I will be teaching Grade 6 by myself, without my co-teacher...  I am very much looking forward to it as if all goes to plan I will teach classes 2, 3 and 4:;These are the best behaved, most fun and easiest to talk to students. Class one is always asleep and they NEVER, EVER, EVER want to talk and this makes them extremely hard work... and Class 5... they are just noisy and disruptive.

Should be fun - I am looking forward to it!


UPDATE

As  expected had a great day teaching grade 6 I taught classes 1 - 4 and even the quiet ones spoke... yey.
'on the fly' I implemented a discipline system.  Basically when they wouldn't listen or were talking to each other while I was talking I put 1 mark on the board and at the end of the lesson I they had to stay behind 1 min for each mark on the board.

Class 1 - 3 mins
Class 2 - 4 mins
Class 3 - 2 mins
Class 4 - 4 mins

So the most number of times I had to stop the lesson to tell them off was 4... result! As this usually eats away at about 10 mins of every co-taught lesson!

Anyway I enjoyed it, a lot so now thinking seriously about what to do next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment