Sunday 28 October 2012

Looking to 2013

I am now having to think hard about what to do in 2013... Obviously this involves staying in Korea and in the apartment but my contract runs out at the End of February.  I have albeit informally been offered the same position for next year but there are, as always pro's and cons to this.

For

  • Comfortable
  • Easy 
    • Lessons already planned
    • Know the students
    • Know the school and it's policies
    • Know the staff
    • Know my place
    • Relationships already established
Against

  • Does it help further my career?
  • Some personal relationships are not comfortable
Well there is probably more I could add but the main reasons I will focus on against staying at my school for another year is the one about furthering my career,
Does it? No.
Will it delay any development? Probably not?

There is a Job at a Christian International School (really close to my house) - this would be great to get my Kids into! Especially as usually the education of teachers children is normally free.  This job is teaching advanced placement English and History to 9 - 13 year olds following a , sounds like fun but do my qualifications hold up to this?

Well while writing this post I decided to bite the bullet and I applied anyway so we will see what happens.

I have a loose but rather ideal plan, 1 year working at Elementary, 1 year at middle and 1 year at high school before moving to a University position. This would involve gaining a Masters degree while working at the schools.

Exciting times.... maybe!





No comments:

Post a Comment