Wednesday 7 March 2012

Extended Sojourn!

"sojourn - a short period when a person stays in a particular place"


I went to the immigration office in Suwon today!  It was busy...  even at 9:30 there were 200 people waiting.  Chinese, Vietnamese, Indian, and the odd yank and Brit amongst them!  The wait was particularly unbearable for me as on arrival after the 30 min bus ride from miguem Erin vomited... and... I am not really sure why, but I made a futile attempt to catch it in my hand.  


I went to the toilet in the immigration centre and ... NO Soap!!!!! Even now  several buckets of soap and 7 hours later I can still smell it!


Anyway, Great news is that I have extended my visa and applied for my residents card...  The number and all its healthcare glory will be given in 2 weeks...  the card itself will arrive in 4 weeks!


The visa extension was granted for 2 years, they still call it a sojourn extension... I wonder is there such a thing as a long Sojourn!


the whole process was very quick but the waiting took so long so i missed my grade 6 group 5 lesson...... OOOOPS!


Thankfully no vomit on the bus ride back!


... and meeting Dr Moon tonight for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment