Friday 13 September 2013

Family!

Well, my parents have arrived, along with 5 cases filled with presents for the kids, us and various other people they may meet during their stay, and some in reserve, so it seems.

It seems their journey was good, but a little turbulent and ended with a Taxi ride, complete with a comical driver who Ji Gong contacted by phone;

Ji Gong: Where are you now?
Taxi driver: In the Taxi!

The kids were in the taxi jumping on Grandma and Granddad as soon as the doors were open, must of been quite a sight... I was at work so missed the fun, but joined them along the Tancheon and we went for chicken and beer.
Last night I had a couple of private classes, and ended up having chicken and beer again, for my students mum's birthday.
That is 3 nights of chicken and beer in a row... guess what we are doing tonight, weather permitting...  Yep! Cafe street, more chicken and beer!

Anyway, it is great to have my parents here - the kids are really excited and next week is Korea's largest public holiday, Chuseok - so we will get a couple of days away together as a family.  It is a shame that Ji Gong's mum can't join us but she is still recovering from her double knee operation and not up for travel.

Ji Gong's mum rang while we were out last nigh and spoke to my father, both parties enjoyed a conversation and thought they understood each other, but I am not sure they did...  but it was nice to have the communication and both were happy.

Glad it is the weekend, after being out so much this week I am feeling my age!

No comments:

Post a Comment