Tuesday 24 September 2013

People are STRANGErs!

On Saturday I took a walk along the Tancheon  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tancheon with my family and passed a young woman who was meditating, she suddenly turned around and looked at me then exclaimed "oh you are waygookin (a foreigner)" I replied, "well, yes"  she seemed very confused and surprised, which was pretty much how I felt at this strange interaction...

I asked her what I had done and she told me how she was meditating and felt my 'Chi' , I resisted the urge to say 'you felt my what...'  she kept saying that she was surprised about the fact that I was a foreigner...  I sensed that she wanted to say more, but my kids and wife had caught up by that point and she looked at my daughter and said, 'Oh, you have a daughter...' I replied 'yes, and a son... and a wife

This was more weird than the 'Are you brushing your teeth?, I'm brushing my hair'  conversation at the subway station, (while I was brushing my teeth and he was brushing his hair)

<Tancheon Photo>

These small interactions amuse me quite a lot!

'There's nought so queer as folk...'

No comments:

Post a Comment