Wednesday 23 October 2013

2 days 1 night - Company Workshop Part 3

2 days 1 night - Company Workshop Part 3: 

My new name, The Cryptic, The baseball star, Crayon Pop, and This is a normal working day you must drink all night!

I have decided to blog about my first company workshop / trip in several posts - here is part 3


After Beating the queue at the urinals after burst at the seams on the bus, it was time to hear what the managers had to say... Being over an hour late I was pretty hungry amplified by the fact that I had little understanding about what was being said, but the company ambition and current slogans were hammered into us by a succession of company CEO's.  Our company appears to have more managers than staff - about 5 men hold the position of CEO, the number of managers became more apparent towards the end of the evening..

Oh, by the way I have a new name, thanks to the HR department and I appear to have been demoted from senior engineer to just worker.
Roberto Kuli

 Here is my workshop name tag showing my name written as 로버트오 - Roberto  클리 - kuli.

After the managers speeches it was time for lunch (Finally) then a presentation from a guest star.  He is a baseball player and apparently quite famous, although I have no idea who he is (sorry).


He spoke for 1hr 30 mins - there were a few laughs from the crowd but I got the impression it was a long 1hr 30 mins for even the biggest rounders fan, sorry I meant baseball. - Korean people can't get to grips with the fact that we don't have baseball in the UK and that I know absolutely nothing about it. although I do want to go to a game, to see what the fuss is all about.

It was then time for the cryptic challenge, a kind of treasure hunt, where we had to complete some tasks to get a letter to put in to a code locked tube, so that we could reveal the secret locked inside. 

Here are some pictures of some of the activities




In part 3 I will blog about the evenings entertainment...

No comments:

Post a Comment