Thursday 17 October 2013

2 days 1 night - Company Workshop

Tomorrow our company has its annual workshop / training / team building / talent show / staff party / forced overtime - 2 day event. It may be all, one or none of those things. And before you pass judgement on my language skills, no one else seems to know either! (even those that attended last year, the year before, and the year before that).

The most concrete pieces of information I have about last year and this years event is that this year the T-shirt is much better (photo to follow: compare last years wast corporate colours red and blue in some weird combination that no one liked) and that last year they provided breakfast and this year, they won't!

A few weeks ago we had to submit our t-shirt size and choose our preferred day events from uninspiring and seemingly random list; coffee, archery, music, and psychology - I chose coffee and archery!

Today we got the bus allocation, room allocation and team allocation lists.

All teams and departments have been separated (except 팀장 (team leader) has been placed with her husband - fluke?), so while no doubt someone will speak English, no one who has English as a job is in my group/bus/room... further more the rooms have been given contact/lead person and possibly key responsibility and this role as perhaps by virtue of random (or scientific) selection or just an ill conceived plan - been given to me, with my phone number as a contact... so Boys if you want to know where I am with the room key "영어로 말해요, 나는 한국어 몰라요!"

So, if I survive the coffee (Bean roasting - Apparently!), Archery, bus trip and room sharing I shall be able to tell you what a Korean company 2 day 1 night trip, is like ( I am hoping nothing like the Bus karaoke, forced Korean Night club and forced alcohol (I don't mind the alcohol (You don't need to force me) but was uncomfortable to watch the over 60's sipping unwanted glasses of beer) oh last years teachers training trip!

Oh I didn't mention the talent show - our proposal of Crayon pop dance routine was (thankfully) rejected and no one wanted to do anything except one person and their husband (who doesn't work here) who will now do a Jayzee (?) performance...


No comments:

Post a Comment