Thursday 10 October 2013

Father and Childs trip

As you probably know, if you follow my facebook, I went on a father and child trip with Harvey. It is a program offered at my son's kindergarten to address the problem that most Korean fathers have with spending time with their children. 
We went to a forest / recreation park in Hongcheon, Gangwon-do. it was a fun and interesting day!

One thing made me sad - they had  quiz on the bus for dads and kids won some bubbles... But, I couldn't understand any of the questions, I could tell Harvey was disappointed, I asked him to translate, the question was "What is the sweetest Ramyen?" - I have no idea - Harvey gave me the answer so even though I didn't understand I raised my hand and everyone looked at me, it was the wrong answer...  Harvey didn't say anything until last night when we got home, he nearly cried and said "I wanted to get some bubbles, but daddy couldn't win them for me!" - 

We made a printed cloth using flowers we picked from the wild flower garden, folding them in a cloth and hitting them with a hammer - It was great - even the stalks were printed to the cloth.

Here is Harvey holding our design!

Photo

We also learnt about trees and even tasted some leaves that had a citrus taste.

and we found some fresh water shrimp in a stream - they look like little lobsters...




It was a great day out with my son!

No comments:

Post a Comment