Tuesday 24 January 2012


I think Monday's 1am interview went ok! But, having an online "Skype" interview is difficult enough but more so when the interviewers ID is "Cynical and Cold".
Broken!
She seemed ok and I wouldn't publically say anything more about my impression of her but I favour the first position which is purely based on my "Gut Instinct".  This may have been clouded by the fact that I had a couple of internet connection problems which were so bad that I couldn't even make out the questions, I had to stop the interview at one point and reboot my router.

The interview questions were again mainly around the fact that the children are really badly behaved... when i thinkk back to my school days and the number of teachers who were disrespected and abused by students that it is wonderous that they didn't leave the teaching profession altogether, probably some did.  So classroom management was the hot topic of this interview, there was also a question on teaching grammar and also questions about my strengths, which i think I handled well.  Cynical and cold said that she would let me know by 30th Jan at the latest.. so again more waiting!!!

We are still plodding away with the house sale... it is so frustrating. Time is now really critical. we need to be able to book tickets and with the iminent price hike in mid to late feb any delay seems that it will impact us negatively also. I feel quite stressed about it, not knowing is very annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment