Saturday 7 January 2012

Police Disclosure!

Requirement for Teaching Job in Korea: POLICE DISCLOSURE


One of the requirements that I mentioned previously was a Police record check.  I mistakenly thought this was a CRB check, and I was having understanding how to obtain this as it clearly says on the Criminal records bureau website that:


1. You cannot apply for your own CRB Check
2. CRB will NOT accept requests from outside the UK


I asked a friend who had applied last year what he did and he told me he just entered a police station and asked for it.  So that is what I did!


I am now able to write this post with some confidence that I know what I am talking about!


What is required for an EPIK application is a POLICE DISCLOSURE.


This is a transcript of what information the police hold about you.


You need to collect a form, available from your local police station.  Complete your details and enclose photocopies of 2 forms of ID that prove your name, address and date of birth  and a cheque for payment.  I Copied My Driving licence (both parts) and Passport (photo page)


It costs £10!


There are 2 types of disclosure:


> a basic disclosure, this is YOUR police record.
> a detailed disclosure - this is everything the police hold about you from witness statements, phone calls to the police, even CCTV footage of you at a specific time and place.


YOU NEED THE BASIC DISCLOSURE


I applied for mine on Friday 6th January 2012 - I will post an update when this arrives as no one I asked seemed to know how long it would take

No comments:

Post a Comment